I absolutely LOVE being a mom. My little boy is growing so fast and I'm enjoying his personality and imagination as it takes off. I cannot believe he is 3 1/2 already!!! Everyday he comes out with a new phrase or expression that leaves us asking, "Where did you get that?" He is always asking for snuggles or for one of us to play with him. So where is the struggle?
The struggle is in getting frustrated at the tug between needing time without him and loving him so much, you want to enjoy the time with him. We have just bought a home! It's exciting and feels great to get everything where it belongs. However, it is also a fixer upper, so....I've been painting, re-flooring, and tweaking it for the entire month, in addition to packing and moving things over from the apartment. My son is so great at trying to help, or entertaining himself, so why do I get so frustrated? This is my struggle. First, potty-training is never ending! He does well most of the time, but needs me to come with him when he needs to go or else he'll just stand there waiting for me...and have an accident. Not so helpful when I'm on a ladder putting up a shelf or painting a wall and have to drop and run. Second, I think my introvert personality is getting fatigued at the constant banter, and needing to focus on several unrelated things but not having the individual time to do it.
At the end of the day, I look at him as I read to him before bed and my love for him overwhelms me and with it the remorse over all my frustrated comments and reactions throughout the day. School starts back in 12 days and I so want to enjoy these last few days of summer with him...but my mental to-do list keeps getting longer.
I'd love for you to comment and let me know your experiences! Until next time....trying to capture Joy in the moments.
Yes, balance is important. But they grow so fast....
ReplyDeleteYes, balance is important. But they grow so fast....
ReplyDelete